Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 05/18/2018 to 07/31/2018
$15.77 to $18.36 per hour
Pay scale & grade
This job is open to
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World-wide: US Citizens & Non-Citizens, Military Spouse moving into the area within 30 days or applicants willing to move to commuting area on your own expense.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Child & Youth Services (CYS) at Fort McCoy WI.
CYS recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families, by offering quality programs for children, youth, and students. CYS supports the Army Family by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
Announcement will have a first cutoff date of May 31, 2018 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. Additional referral lists may be issued at management's request.
Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
Please visit www.mccoy.armymwr.com or www.mccoy.army.mil for relocation, quality of life and child care information and assistance.
If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
-Maintaining and up keeping the facility grounds and related equipment to include ensuring entrances and exits are free from debris, sidewalks are clear of ice/snow, and surfaces under playground structures are maintained according to safety requirements.
-Incumbent performs a variety of tasks involving the maintenance and minor repairs of buildings, playground equipment, toys and associated equipment.
-Drives government vans with a capacity of 15 passengers to transport children/youth on field trips or to and from school or accompanies walking children to/from school.
-In absence of dedicated kitchen personnel, incumbent delivers, and serves light meals/snacks.
-Prepares and submits work orders for repairs requiring additional expertise.
For additional position information see FASCLASS PD# 1071 at https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9Rf3GDRtyUbYOalqlShg%3D%3D
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
-Direct deposit and social security card are required.
-Meet all qualification/eligibility requirement.
-A one-year probationary period may be required.
-Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
-Completed and signed DA3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
-Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background check/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
-Valid driver's license is required to drive government vehicles.
-Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
-Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease.
-Successfully complete all required background checks to include a health screening. An annual health screening will be required throughout employment. All local background checks will be re-verified every 5 years.
-Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds, reach, bending, turning, or moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate hand and foot controls, walking, climbing, kneeling, stooping, pulling, pushing, standing, twisting and sitting.
-This position is covered by the DA Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program. Incumbent is required to sign DA Form 5019-R. This position has critical safety or security responsibilities and as such has been designated as a testing designated position (TDP). As a condition of employment, incumbent of a TDP is subject to a random drug test that occurs without suspicion that a particular individual is using illegal drugs.
-During the Summer Camp months, position will work shifts performing both driver and maintenance tasks. Hours of operation are 0630-1730 and shifts would be scheduled primarily between those hours. There may be some night/weekend hours required for special events transportation. During the school year, shifts will be more varied and less regularly scheduled. During the school year, most trips will take place during evening or weekend hours so the employee would need to be available for those shifts.
NOTE: No person, regardless of circumstance, will be approved to provide child care services and/or approved for hire in positions designate as having regular and recurring contact with children if the background check discloses that the individual has been convicted for any of the following: a sexual offense, any criminal offense involving a child victim or a felony drug offense.
QualificationsQualifications must be clearly verifiable in your resume.
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
Ability to communicate in English at a level to assure the duties described can be accomplished in a safe and satisfactory manner.
Demonstrated skills in successfully operating standard tools.
Experience in accomplishing the types of duties described in this job. Requires a valid state driver's license to operate a 15 passenger vehicle.
Requires a commercial driver's license (CDL) with no restrictions to operate a 24 passenger vehicle.
Highly Preferred Criteria:
All answers to the Highly Preferred criteria must be demonstrated in your resume to get credit.
-Possess a CDL
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World-Wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after close date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- These are Flexible on call positions and employees may work up to 40 hours per week but is based on peak seasons and mission requirements.
- Flexible positions are not entitled to benefits at this time.
- Pay may be set between the bottom and top of the advertised rate. Credit may be given for NAF time in grade but most new appointees pay will be set at the bottom of the pay rate for each level.
- Announcement will have a first cutoff date of May 31, 2018 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. Additional referral lists may be issued at management's request.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Applicants meeting the qualifications for the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred FIRST to the selecting official.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA3434, PCS & Marriage Certificate for Military Spouse, Transition Assistance Card for ISM
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN).
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than noon (CST) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
AddressDE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.