Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 05/08/2018 to 07/31/2018
$12.39 to $14.47 per hour
Pay scale & grade
This job is open to
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World-Wide, Military Spouse moving into area within 30 days and applicants willing to move to commuting area at own expense.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at McCoy's Community Center.
Welcome to the Family and Morale,Welfare and Recreation Activities at Fort McCoy, Wisconsin. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area.
McCoy's Community Center offers great dining and recreational opportunities for our Soldiers and their Families as well as retirees and the Civilian workforce. It's the place to be to watch all your favorite sporting events or kick back with a few friends. There are darts, pool tables, PlayStation and Xbox consoles/games, movies for rent, library books, laptops for check-out, etc. McCoy's Community Center has a sports bar, Primo's Express Restaurant, bowling center, banquet rooms, catering service, and an outdoor courtyard. Leisure Travel Services (LTS) is also located within McCoy's Community Center and is available to assist with discounted tickets to many attractions and theme parks. The LTS office can make cruise, vacation, car, and hotel reservations.
Announcement will have a first cutoff date of May 15, 2018 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment occurs. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
Please visit www.mccoy.armymwr.com or www.mccoy.army.mil for relocation, quality of life and child care information and assistance.
If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773
-Performing tasks that require attention to work operations in a kitchen or dining area.
-Performs simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing.
-Makes simple sandwiches and performs other simple food preparation Responsible for proper slicing of meats and cheeses and cutting of fruits and vegetable for garnish.
-Operates a cash register.
-Cleans kitchen utensils, pots, pans, storage containers, as well as sweeping and mopping the floor.
-Restocks storeroom, walk in refrigerator/freezer, coolers and dry goods.
For additional position information see FASCLASS PD# 5355 at https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9Vgm%2BHRtyUbYSYkqNVhQ%3D%3D
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
-Direct deposit and Social Security Card are required.
-Meet all qualification/eligibility requirement for this position.
-A one-year probationary period may be required.
-Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
-Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background check/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
-If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form DA 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
-Possess and maintain the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
-Must be 18 years of age to meet state requirements.
-Uniforms and name tags are provided and required.
-Completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
-Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
-Shift will vary due to mission, must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
QualificationsQualifications must be clearly verifiable in your resume.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English and possess basic math skills.
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World-Wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days days after closing date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- These are Flexible on call positions and employees may work up to 40 hours per week but is based on peak seasons and mission requirements.
- Flexible positions are not entitled to benefits at this time.
- Pay may be set between the bottom and top of the advertised rate. Credit may be given for NAF time in grade but most new appointees pay will be set at the bottom of the pay rate for each level.
- Announcement will have a first cutoff date of May 15, 2018 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment occurs. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA3434, PCS & Marriage Certifiate for Military Spouse, Transition Assistance Card for ISM
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than noon (CST) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
AddressDE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!