Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 06/11/2018 to 08/31/2018
$11.22 to $13.11 per hour
Pay scale & grade
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World-Wide, Military Spouse moving into area within 30 days and applicants willing to move to commuting area at own expense.Learn more about this agency
Position located at McCoy's Community Center at Fort McCoy WI.
Please visit www.mccoy.armymwr.com or www.mccoy.army.mil for relocation, quality of life and child care information and assistance.
If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773
Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs, strips and polishes using light and heavy duty powered equipment. Operates industrial equipment to clean rugs, drapes, etc. Performs routine maintenance of equipment. Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes toilet facilities. Cleans, and dust assigned areas. Empties trash. Washes walls, windows, blinds and ceiling fixtures. Moves heavy furniture. Maintains stock of room and cleaning supplies to perform assigned duties.
For additional position information see FASCLASS PD# AL984 at https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hm3OKVJmZlIuYkqZR
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
-Direct deposit and social security card are required
-Meet all qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
-A one-year probationary period may be required
-Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
-Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
-Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background check/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
-Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
-Must be 18 years of age by date of appointment
-Possess and maintain the physical ability to stand and walk on hard and carpeted surfaces with some bending, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of items or carts weighing up to 20 to 40 pounds, and occasionally over 50 pounds.
-Uniforms and name tags are provided and required.
-Seven day operation, schedule will be based on the needs of the activity. Nights, weekends and holidays are required.
QualificationsPrior work experience that provided the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties listed above to include the ability to use and maintain the tools and equipment of the trade, to keep the assigned work area neat and clean, and to communicate both orally and in writing.
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World-Wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after close date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- These are Flexible on call positions and employees may work up to 40 hours per week but is based on peak seasons and mission requirements.
- Flexible positions are not entitled to benefits at this time.
- Announcement will have a first cutoff date of June 19, 2018 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment occurs. Applicants will be referred to the selecting officials as vacancies occur.
- Pay may be set between the bottom and top of the advertised rate. Credit may be given for NAF time in grade but most new appointees pay will be set at the bottom of the pay rate for each level.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA3434, PCS & Marriage Certificate for Military Spouse, Transition Assistance Card for ISM
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than noon (CST) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
AddressDE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.