Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 05/21/2018 to 08/31/2018
$12.34 to $18.59 per hour
Pay scale & grade
This job is open to
The Area of Consideration for this announcement is World-wide: US Citizens & Non-Citizens, Military Spouse moving into the area within 30 days or applicants willing to move to commuting area on your own expense.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Fort McCoy.
CYS recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families, by offering quality programs for children, youth, and students. CYS supports the Army Family by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
This is a Flexible year round position in the School Age/Youth Center which serves youth in Kindergarten through 12th grade. We offer an afternoon after school program as well as a full day program on non-school days and summer vacation. This position will work directly with the youth to plan and execute developmentally appropriate programming. This position will also be responsible for the safety, supervision, and accountability of the youth in the program.
Announcement will have a first cutoff date of June 5, 2018 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment occurs. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
Pay may be set between the bottom and top of the advertised rate. Credit may be given for NAF time in grade but most new appointees pay will be set at the bottom of the pay rate for each level.
Please visit www.mccoy.armymwr.com or www.mccoy.army.mil for relocation, quality of life and child care information and assistance.
If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
Helps establish a program environment that promotes positive child and youth interactions with other children, youth and adults. Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedule. Interacts with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques. Supervises children and youth during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities, on field trip outings and special events. Promotes and models safety, fitness, health and nutrition practices. Assists in maintaining program participation data and completing required daily reports.
For additional position information see FASCLASS
Entry level-PD#19889 at https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9RiHKKWZmZlIuelaZWhHI%3D
Skill level-PD#19890 at https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9RiHKLUJmZlIuelaZWhWo%3D
Target level-PD#19891 at https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9RiHKLUZmZlIuelaZWhWs%3D
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
-Direct deposit and social security card is required.
-Meet all qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
-A one-year probationary period may be required.
-Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
-Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
-Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background check/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
-Possesses a high school diploma or GED Certificate.
-Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
-Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop an stand on a routine basis.
-Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
-Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease.
-Successfully complete all required background checks to include a health screening. An annual health screening will be required throughout employment. All local background checks will be re-verified every 5 years.
-Shift will vary as the mission requires between the hours of 1230-1730 Monday-Friday when school is in session. Additional hours between 0630-1730 may be required as the mission dictates. Summer and non-school day hours will vary as the mission requires between the hours of 0630-1730 Monday-Friday. Employee must be available to work shifts within those hours year-round. Occasional nights, weekends and holiday may be required for special events.
NOTE: No person, regardless of circumstance, will be approved to provide child care services and/or approved for hire in positions designate as having regular and recurring contact with children if the background check discloses that the individual has been convicted for any of the following: a sexual offense, any criminal offense involving a child victim or a felony drug offense.
QualificationsQualifications must be clearly verifiable in your resume.
Minimum Qualifications: Be 18 years of age and High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal). Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
Skill Level: In addition to the requirements listed above, three months experience and possess Army entry Level Training Certificate
Six months of experience working in a group program with children or youth, plus at least nine semester hours college credits in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration, recreation or related behavioral sciences or one year vocational certificate in child care.
Target Level: In addition to the requirements listed under Skill level qualifications, 18 months child care experience and possess Army Foundation Level Training Certificate or twelve semester hours college credit in one of the areas listed above.
18 months of experience working in a group program with children or youth, plus an associate's degree or least 60 semester hours of college credit which included a major course of study (24 hours hours) with content directly related to the age group to which assigned in one of the areas listed above.
Bachelor's degree or at least 120 semester hours which include a major course of study (24 semester hous) with contents as indicated above.
Possess and maintain one of the following directly related to the age group of the position to which assigned: Child Development Associate: (CDA) Credential, Military School Age Credential, Army Youth Practicum, or other nationally recognized Youth Development Credential.
*NOTE: All course work MUST be related behavioral science. Generic introductory courses (such as Intro to Psych, Intro to Social, etc.) will not be counted. Course in psychology, sociology, home economics etc. must link to children/youth/adolescence.
All required supporting documents must be submitted at the time of application. Failure to submit proof of education will result in an ineligible rating.
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World-Wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after close date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- These are Flexible on call positions and employees may work up to 40 hours per week but is based on peak seasons and mission requirements.
- Flexible positions are not entitled to benefits at this time.
- Pay may be set between the bottom and top of the advertised rate. Credit may be given for NAF time in grade but most new appointees pay will be set at the bottom of the pay rate for each level.
- Announcement will have a first cutoff date of June 5, 2018 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment occurs. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA3434, PCS & Marriage Certificate for Military Spouse, Transition Assistance Card for ISM
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than noon (CST) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
AddressDE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.